Just a Minute... In April

J
ust a simple reflection on April, I'm joining in with Just A Minute over at August Street.


Reading... lots of magazines, as I play catch-up... and Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks, sent to me by my dear friend, Tamy

Making... handmade pay it forward packages, yes, still. I'm about halfway done.

Watching... green bits peeking up in my flower beds, the allium are always the first to start stretching their green stems towards the sky.

Photo from Wikimedia

Listening... to birds chirping in the mornings, they are finally back for the summer.

Loving... that the sun is still shining when I leave work! and, running around town without a jacket (yes, maybe it's still a little too chilly to be doing that, yes, I do it anyway!)

Dreaming... of paint colors since we're painting the exterior of our house this summer! Yay!!! Not terribly fond of the color it is now.


Planning... a trip to Minneapolis to see Kiy, a camping trip for the second weekend in May and recipes with Becca and Jen for our first Kitchen Comforts dinner on Saturday night.

Marshmallows - First Time Camping photo by Barca

Baking... Bagels, it was an early morning and I just couldn't sleep anymore. I was having a craving for a fresh bagels. I kept it simple, a basic water bagel. So, perfectly soft, chewy and crisp all at the same time, smeared with a bit of my favorite vegetable cream cheese. I could close my eyes and imagine I was in New York for about 5 minutes.

Bagels - Out of Oven

Eating... lots of soups this month for some reason. That's usually a fall/winter thing for me. It's crisp and cool in the air, and I've had leftover ham to go through from Easter. So, last week I made a ham and bean soup, and last night I made a ham and potato soup, recipe will be posted next week on Kitchen Comforts.

Ham and Bean Soup - Close Up

Want to join in? Visit Jenaveve over at August Street

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how excited I am to be getting together next week! Also, still oohing and ahhhing over the bagels!

    Cheers, see you soon :)

    Kiy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, food! Sounds like you are pretty busy. I did find the wonder bowl but the first one didn't turn out so well. Finally dawned on me that I'm @ 5000ft now so maybe the high altitude directions would be nice!

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely collection of April moments!
    Mouth is watering over that incredible bagel just now... Oh, if you haven't tried this one on your camping trip, it's a real winner: Choc Nana's.

    Take a banana, slit the skin with a knife just down the inner curve (and cutting slightly into the banana is fine) then pop 4-5 small chunks of chocolate in under the skin. Any old way is fine.

    Wrap banana in foil (seal it well) and pop onto an open fire for 5-10 mins. Now the timing depends on how you like it cooked, so experiment here.

    Remove foil package from fire and carefully unwrap so you can scoop the chocolate banana innards straight out of the banana skin with a small spoon. Wha-la!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I'm hungry. Off to get some breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!