Happy April Fool's Day!

I
t's the first day of April and we're still covered in snow... Mother Nature's idea of an April Fool's prank I assume.

I logged into my gmail this morning and saw a link to their new e-mail on autopilot... I thought the second example was hilarious. Let me know if you run across any cute pranks on other sites (include the url please, and nothing NSFW!)

I was curious as to why so many vintage April Fool's Day cards and postcards were simply people holding a fish, or better yet, just a fish. So, I did some digging. In France, the victim of an April Fool's prank was called Poisson d'Avril, or April's Fish. Still not sure why there is a peppermint in the flying fishies mouth, any ideas?  Besides masking a fishy smell, though maybe that's the "reason".


I hope you all have a lovely day and don't fall victim to too many pranks.

Oh, and don't forget to enter the giveaway, that's not a joke!

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating! The whole fish-connection - I had no idea! Very sweet vintage cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!