Monday Musings {41} - Whedon

Monday Musings Image with Lady

"Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead."
-Joss Whedon

6 comments:

  1. I like this. He can be such a good writer - make you think deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like this. Wow, a lot to take it but worth picking through it and thinking of each part. I really enjoyed this one!

    Cheers!

    Kiy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without passion, life is meaningless.

    :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recognition of how without passion life has little meaning. It reminds me of Anne of Green Gables and Anne's conversation with Marilla about loving the highs and how they almost make the thuds of the lows worth it. Marilla's preference was to have neither the highs nor lows, but I'm with Anne and Joss Whedon. Thanks Barbara. Very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So with Anne and Joss... reminds me of our adoption journey... the lows are very very hard, but the highs do and will make every low worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, I hear you mention your adoption journey from time to time. I wonder if you'd be comfortable sharing more about it, either on your blog or by email. It seems like it started a while ago and I'd be interested in hearing about the ups and downs and how to deal with them. Are you any closer to adoption? I understand if this is not something you wish to share. I wish you all the best with it.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!