Monday Musings {38} - High Fidelity

Monday Musings Image with Lady

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
-John Cusack as Rob in "High Fidelity"

7 comments:

  1. Deep thinking tonight! Interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a right perception! It's a situation that most people avoid to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *laugh* Don't give me too much credit, I just happened to be watching High Fidelity and I love the quote... especially remembering a lot of the "pop music" I grew up with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me back many years ago to when Will Smith won, I don't know, recording artist of the year or something like that. He said he won without rapping to our kids about killing, hating parents, hating different colors of skin ... and more I am sure. I can't remember it all, but it really sunk in. I am not a rap fan at all, and would not think to listen to even a Will Smith song, but that has stuck with me for a long time.

    Great quote. Maybe I need to watch that movie sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, and I thought I signed up this morning. It must not have taken. Typical Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara, there are some great quotations in this week's batch. I'm signing on a little late today, but better than not at all. I really enjoyed High Fidelity and also enjoy a lot of John Cusack's work. This film had some great thought provoking insights. Thanks for sharing this one. May the tunes you listen to this week be uplifting and fun :)Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!