Blogger of the Week : Fifi

Fifi of Fifi Flowers Design Decor is the blogger of the week.

Read all about her and then go visit her blog and say hi! She also has an Etsy shop, go take a peek.



What did you have for breakfast this morning?
I know breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day... but I just don't like to eat in the morning most of the time... and I do not like breakfast food... my favorite thing to eat in the morning... if I do eat... is cold pizza! No cold pizza in the house this morning... so my breakfast is simply cafe creme...



What is your favorite childhood book?
Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion. I love all the mischief Harry gets into as he roams arount the town to avoid a bath. I love how he turns from a white dog with black spots to a black dog with white spots. I still have the book too! It sits in MY studio book shelf tucked in with all my art books...



What is your favorite work of art?
That is a hard question for me. I always wanted to be a curator in an art museum. I started out as an Art History major and switch to a hands-on Bachelor of Art degree... receiving a minor in Art History. Sooooo... I love many works of art! But I must say that Henri Matisse is my favorite artist. I have painted MANY reproductions of his work and many are hanging
throughout my home. This one is the one I see the most because it hangs above my work space and I love it...

Matisse "Tea" 1919


What is your all time favorite quote?
The Golden Rule... "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." It quite interesting how many different versions there are... you can read more about them here.

What's your favorite super secret website?
If I tell you my favorite SUPER SECRET website... it will NO longer be a SECRET! Sorry...Can't Tell... it shall remain a SECRET!

What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
Favorite chore... is that possible... hmmmm... maybe reorganizing closets... I've been doing it for years... I think I drove my mother crazy... pulling everything out and putting everything back in in order. Least favorite chore... that is hard to say... I'm a princess, I don't like any chores... hmmm... ok, well... I guess laundry... HATE to fold clothes and iron... YUCK! Hubby will agree with this answer.



What makes your house uniquely your home?
My house is VERY unique to moi! I re-designed it myself! It was a small 2 bedroom/1bathroom 1930s house (now 4 bedrooms/3bathrooms). I love old homes and I wanted it to feel like it was originally when I set about designing the additions and with the help of an architect's to-scale-drawings, I got exactly what I envisioned!

Will you share a favorite recipe?
Recipe... are you kidding? Wow... can I give you my favorite restaurant take-out menu instead? Hmmm... I have to tell you... when I cook, I do not follow a recipe... it's always a dash of this, a sprinkle of that... soooo... I guess I should give you a link to a few of my favorite foodies... I love to visit and drool over their photos...






What homemade project are you most proud of?
Well... I do paint a little... he he he... so I would have say I'm proud of my paintings, and how they make people feel HAPPY! This is painting is what I call "My Dream Studio"... many of the paintings I have created can be seen in my Fifi Flowers Painting du Jour Gallery



What got you interested in Art?
I come from a family of creative people. My Swedish grandfather was an interior decorator and made contemporary furniture and sold it in his shop. His daughter, my mother, can draw anything and she used to do beautiful watercolour paintings... sadly she does not create art often... and SHE SHOULD! Her brother is also AMAZING... he designs and builds race cars and at one time he drove them.

What are your 3 best/favorite posts on your blog?
Ooh la la still in paris... Because it is about a unforgetable trip to Paris (Luzern, Firenze and Milano were other stops on our trip) I took with my mother

Looking back on sunday... Because it shows a wonderful day I spent with my hubby and two darling boys!

Sunday in garden ... Because it shows how fellow bloggers inspire me everyday with their postings... the blog world is FABULOUS... and the painting in this post was later made into a BLOG LOVE button and I see it all over on many sites and to me this is a table that I invite my fellow bloggers to sit at and enjoy life along the Seine!



Now that you've read all about her, go visit her and say hi!

10 comments:

  1. I found Fifi last week through the Bloggy Carnival. Funny enough, I bookmarked her to return and here you have her spotlighted! Awesome, I really enjoyed reading about her.

    Cheers, Kiy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me blogger of the week... I had nothing to post for tomorrow... so I think I will direct everyone to you... thank you again!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl!!! Congratulations....

    ReplyDelete
  4. By all means Fifi :) After all it was probably more writing than a lot of posts. And you even made it so easy for me giving me the code that went with it :D

    Kiy: Funny how that works out. I had also featured her Etsy shop a while back too. Probably before you found my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fifi, I can see Matisse' influence in your paintings. I'm looking forward to finally purchasing some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview Candy Hearts,
    Thank you for featuring Fifi Flowers.
    She is a doll!

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I obviously think so as well :) I was thrilled when she said she'd be willing to be featured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed this interview. Fifi is so talented. I loved hearing that it run's in her family. I also find going to see her blog cheers me up since is it full of so much Charm & Whimsey.
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how i love this post! i have to have breakfast in the morning... but coffee or tea are almost an always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Fifi's artworks and what a great post this is, knowing some more about Fifi. Her works are colorful and loved by women like me...I'm a fan:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!