Blogger of the Week : Erin

Erin of Design for Mankind is the blogger of the week.

Read all about her and then go visit her blog and say hi!



What did you have for breakfast this morning?
OK, I'm going to be totally honest here. Lately I haven't been waking up as early as I'd like. I don't know if I'm seasonally depressed or just still in transition from the recent move (CA to IN), but I sleep until at LEAST 11am each morning. I can't believe I'm admitting this over the Internet! Eek! So, my "breakfast" is actually lunch and usually consists of a can of Spaghettio's or leftovers from the night before. My extended family eats out a lot, so there are always quite a few sniglets in the fridge!

I know, I am VERY malnourished.



What is your favorite childhood book?
Hands down, The Little Prince. My grandfather used to read a book of short stories, including this one that he had saved from his younger days. Any time my cousin and I would stay for a sleepover, we'd get to hear him read them in his special voices and dream of sweet galaxies far away!



What is your favorite work of art?
Oh goodness. This is a rough one for me. I love works of art that are ever-evolving and transitioning into something that sort of transcends what it was originally designed to be. The 'You Are Beautiful' project is like that for me. A beautiful work of art that is both meaningful and brilliantly executed. I'd say it's a pretty key favorite of mine.

site: http://www.you-are-beautiful.com



What is your all time favorite quote?
"No great man ever complains of want of opportunities."
Ralph Waldo Emerson



What's your favorite super secret website?
I don't think it's a secret necessarily, but one of my favorite sites to check in with is Jennifer Daniel's:

site: http://www.jenniferdaniel.com

What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
Oh gosh. Any and all. I am the laziest gal on the planet. If I had to choose my favorite, it'd be organizing my bathroom shelves [I LOVE to organize!]. Least favorite? Everything else.



What makes your house uniquely your home?
I have a lot of personal touches throughout my home--- a proposal post-it, an old fountain pen, a rotary telephone... things that have been given to me by people I love. I also adore mixing styles and patterns that are unusual and surprising. My theory on curation and decor is that if I love it, it matches!



Will you share a favorite recipe?
Uh-oh. I'm not a recipe kind of gal. Take-out?



What first sparked your interest in cooking?
I have zero interest of cooking, so I'll talk about writing instead. ;) The first day I became interested in writing [other than journaling] was a rainy day (of course!) and I wrote an entire manuscript in one day. I couldn't put the pen down. I was 14.

What homemade project are you most proud of?
Last year I vowed to have a 100% complete handmade Christmas, and a friend and I got together to design postcard sets for a list of 100 friends/family. They turned out beautifully using old encyclopedia pages [there's got to be a copyright law that we've broken somewhere along there] and modern typography. We were so proud!

What are your 3 best/favorite posts on your blog?
I love any post from my "Reader's Speak" column, which I don't do quite as often anymore for a lot of reasons. But, I'd say these are my favorites:
http://www.designformankind.com/2008/04/readers-speak-price-tag-for-inspiration/
http://www.designformankind.com/2008/05/readers-speak-tuning-out/
http://www.designformankind.com/2008/05/readers-speak-unknown-beauty/

Now that you've read all about her, go visit her and say hi! I absolutely love her blog and it's a constant source of inspiration!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!