Blogger of the Week : Kim

Kim of Forever Daisies is the blogger of the week. Read all about her and then go visit her blog and say hi!


What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Mt. Dew. I have an entire refrigerator shelf full of yogurt and I drink a MD... Yes, I know, bad, bad, bad.



What is your favorite childhood book?
My mom introduced me to the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, and I was instantly hooked. I read them all at least three times! I loved imagining what it was like during that time, pretending I was there. I could picture myself in the story.

What is your favorite work of art?
I really like Terry Redlin prints. They remind me of growing up in the country. They bring back childhood memories of running through corn field, picking apples, visiting grandma, and the cool, crisp air of home.

What is your all time favorite quote?
"We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box." - Unknown

What's your favorite super secret website?
I have recently discovered 6 Year Med @ http://www.6yearmed.blogspot.com/. Danielle has an amazingly interesting life, and knows how to write about it.

What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
I like to vacuum and sweep. I'm not sure why. My least favorite would have to be cleaning the bathroom, for obvious reasons. A close 2nd would have to be doing dishes. They just pile up to quickly and I'm not one to keep up very well.

What makes your house uniquely your home?
This one is really hard. It is such a challenge to make my aparmtnet living space a home. We have a lot of photos and personal items decorating the walls. Ask me this question again after we buy a house that I can truly make my own :)

Will you share a favorite recipe?
Hamburger Rice Casserole
1 1/2 - 2 lb browned hamb
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can chicken/rice soup
1/4 cup rice
1 can water
season to taste

(I also sometimes add frozen veggies)

Mix all ingredients in casserole dish, bake at 350 for 1 hour. Can also be a crock pot meal!

I love this one because it is simple! I am all about making food simple

What first sparked your interest in photography?
My mom always took photos. When I was quite young, she asked me to help her put the photos in albums. She soon started having me take photos at family events and when we were on vacations. The more photos I took, the more I wanted to take. It just continued (and continues) to snowball!

What got you interested in scrapbooking?
As mentioned above, my mother had me help put photos in albums. She had one for her and dad, plus one per child. I helped her with writing in dates and names, however always felt like there was something missing. I wanted to decorate the pages! In elementary school, one of my best friends moved away. Before she left, I gathered a bunch of photos and put together my first "scrapbook". It was a lot of photos, stickers and construction paper. In 6th grade, we had a history project we could pick from a variety of options. I did the history scrapbook... It too continues to snowball!

What homemade project are you most proud of?
I enjoy the cards that I make. I love designing a card especially for a particular person. I enjoy thinking about the person, their likes, favorite colors, and how the occasion fits the person to end up with a card that will make that person smile!



Now that you've read about Kim go say hi at Forever Daisies!

5 comments:

  1. I love the quote.

    It was nice learning more about you Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post on Kim - I love her favorite quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! I loved the pics of the homemade cards, too - they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah her favorite quote is pretty great and I love the blog she shared... I just about cried reading a couple of the entries. Her cards are great too. I'm really loving learning more about everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!