Clean the Bathrooms and Laundry

What's the Homemaking September ShapeUp! all about?

Bathroom

All week we've been cleaning, and today it's time to tackle the bathrooms and laundry. When it comes to the bathrooms, I have a routine that works so well that I really don't ever have to CLEAN the bathroom. It just sort of happens.

Ok, obviously it doesn't just happen, I wish... but since I wrote about my bathroom routine a while back, and it's what I actually do, I'm just going to link it up. It sounds like a lot, it probably took me more time to write it up than it takes to do it.

So, go look through the bathroom routine, but don't forget to come back for the laundry room!

The laundry room is a lot like the bathroom, give it a quick wipe every time you are in there and it's a lot easier. The towels that you brought down from the laundry, give the floor a quick wipe before throwing them in the wash.

Grab the cleaning supplies. This is the deep cleaning list that I do, feel free to modify it to suit your home. This keeps me on track and makes sure I don't miss anything. I only do a deep clean twice a year, usually I do the quick clean. Other steps in the deep clean area are done as needed.

My Deep Clean List:
Put away everything that stays in the room.
Clear furniture surfaces, and put items for other rooms in the put away bin.
Put any dirty clothes in the hamper and clean clothes in the laundry basket.
Wipe down light fixtures.
Spray down the washer and dryer with a non-bleaching cleaner and wipe down. Don't want to put wet clothes on top later and find traces of a bleaching agent have turn them a new color in places.
Spray down all other non-wood hard finishes, and wipe down.
Wash windows, glass and mirror surfaces.
With a new cloth wipe down all wood surfaces with wood cleaner/conditioner.
Wipe down the walls, outlets, doorknobs and light switches.
Wipe down any shelves or cabinets.
One drawer at a time, pull items out, wipe down drawer, put everything back.
Open cabinets and wipe down the shelves.
Wipe down any decorative items.
Vacuum behind the dryer and anywhere lint may have accumulated.
Move appliances out of the way.
Vacuum the floors and around the edges.
If you have hard floor surfaces, wash them.
Move your appliances back in place.

My Quick Clean List:
Put away clutter.
Wipe down hard surfaces.
Wash shower curtains and towels.
Wipe down doorknobs and light switches.
Put away all the clothes and linens.
Clean glass and mirror surfaces.
Vacuum up lint.
Clean floors.

View the Guide



2 comments:

  1. I actually have to clean my bathrooms today, thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually do the bathrooms daily and it makes it so easy come time for a deeper clean having stayed on top of it all week long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!