20 Little Things to Treasure in Autumn

Melissa over at The Inspired Room is inspiring women all over the blogosphere to share their favorite 20 things about Autumn. It all started with this post at Beautifully Imperfect, and since this fits in so beautifully with all we've been trying to accomplish this month, I decided to share my own list.

20 Little Things to Treasure in Autumn

  1. Snuggling in bed with crisp sheets and down comforters
  2. The crackling blaze of a lit fireplace
  3. Slipping feet into soft slippers to keep them warm
  4. Sunlight filtering through trees of gold and red
  5. Fingers keeping warm wrapped around a steaming mug
  6. Early mornings dripping with dew
  7. Crisp, clear nights bundled up watching the skies
  8. Your breath visible and hanging in the air
  9. Flannel pajamas, cozy throws and a good book
  10. Bundled up in fall jackets, scarves and gloves while burning leaves
  11. Buttermilk Pecan Pie
  12. Hot Buttered Rum, Hot Cocoa, Hot Apple Cider or Hot Toddies
  13. Soup tureens filled with warm stews and soups
  14. Hot homemade chili sprinkled with shredded cheddar
  15. Apple Butter simmering on the stove (Recipe)
  16. The scents of cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg
  17. Brandied, Candied Sweet Potatoes
  18. Caramel Apples coated with nuts from Widman's
  19. Apple, Pumpkin, Pecan, and Rhubarb Pies with French Vanilla Ice Cream
  20. Spoon bread or cornbread slathered with butter or drizzled with natural honey
  21. Fresh roasted pumpkin seeds lightly salted

6 comments:

  1. I love all of these! And it sounds like starting this weekend, we can start enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamy... I know... Now that I've listed it all out, I can't wait! :) Plus hockey starts soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmmmm and Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm a winter person and last year I mentally skipped autumn after summer. This year I feel a much stronger appreciation growing for autumn and your list really brought a warm glow to start the season. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspired me to make my list too. I had to write my own before I let myself read yours, knowing that we would have quite a few of the same. Yep, we do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I love the cute little leaves on that pie. It almost looks too good to eat....almost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade Chile and cornbread sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!