The Revival of Common Courtesy {4}

Tamy over at 3 Sides Of Crazy has started a weekly feature to share common courtesy and etiquette tips. Each week has a different theme, this week is Thank You Notes.

Too often we overlook the two simple words which can make all the difference in how someone feels about your relationship. Saying thank you lets people know that they are appreciated, and the time and thought they put into a gift or your relationship is appreciated. This is true whether the relationship is between you and a family member, friend, prospective employer, employee, or a complete stranger. Tamy has a list of required circumstances for expressing written thanks and the appropriate methods. However, I still like to express my written appreciation occassionally, even when it isn't always "required". In this electronic age, it's still lovely to get a card, letter or package in the mail.

It doesn't take much to express appreciation or gratitude, just a few simple sentences.

Dear Reader,

Thank you for reading my blog. I love when you take the time to comment and let me know I'm appreciated.

I hope to hear from you again soon.

Sincerely,
Barbara

4 comments:

  1. Don't we all just love a piece of snail mail when we least expect it? Especially if it says thank you or I'm glad I know you? Gratitude isn't restricted to thank you and if more people realized that, there would be less troubled relationships (of all kinds) in this world. I love how you ended it with an example of gratitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is just beautiful - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamy, Totally 100% agree! :) Like birthday cards that aren't expected! ;)

    Thank you flitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - thank you notes are a nearly-lost art, and they are so wonderful.

    I really like your blog, so I thank you for all the time you have obviously put into it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!