Menu Plan Monday {11}



Monday - 7 Layer Southwest Salad (Phase 1)
Tuesday - BBQ Chicken (Phase 1)
Wednesday - Out of Town
Thursday - Chicken Breasts Recipe with Tarragon-Mustard Sauce (Phase 1)
Friday - Pork Loin with Roasted Pepper Cream (Phase 1)
Saturday - Turkey Burgers (Phase 1)
Sunday - Pantry Cleanout and Leftovers

I'm onto South Beach Phase 2 now, but I'm going to go back to Phase 1 for this week since I'm kind of in a lull.

7 Layer Southwest Salad

Layer the following:
Lettuce and Mixed Greens
Black Beans
Sauteed Peppers and Onions
Browned Ground Beef (seasoned with taco seasoning or southwest spice mix)
Shredded Cheddar (reduced fat)
Sour Cream (low fat)
Salsa (no added sugar)

For vegetarian option, replace Ground Beef with Corn and layer above Black Beans.

Pantry Cleanout is part of my weekly planning, so I make a point to use items up rather than throwing them out

Join Menu Plan Monday over at The Organizing Junkie



Barbara

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 09, 2008

    Thanks for sharing your menu! I'm *trying* to go lowER carb and its a struggle. The 7 layer salad sounds great though!

    Have a great week!
    Amanda, Down Home Dieting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betsy.

    Amanda: I find that mexican food works well just skip the chips/tortilla/taco shell/etc.

    Also the recipes I've been doing out of the South Beach book have been pretty good so far. Only 1 wasn't the greatest, and it still wasn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 09, 2008

    Yum.

    How was the chicken from a few weeks ago?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!