Grand Forks in the Summer - The Kegs

The Kegs - Grand Forks

The Kegs - Grand ForksI mentioned the Farmer's Market, The Grand Cities Art Fest and The Art & Wine Walk in a previous post. They are just a few of my favorite things, but what really signals that spring/summer has arrived around here is opening of The Kegs for the year. The Kegs Drive-In, aka The Kegs or The Fabulous Kegs is a drive-up that opens in April in Grand Forks, and is known for it's sloppy joes and root beer around town.

The Kegs just got a facelift last summer so it definitely looks a bit different, there are some older pics on Roadside America for comparison. I think it looks more like kegs now... and the food hasn't changed a bit... I always order a BLT with Onion Rings and a Cherry Coke. mmmmmm....

The Kegs - Grand Forks

The Kegs - Grand Forks

The Kegs - Grand Forks

Click on the menu to see a larger readable image:
The Kegs Menu - Grand Forks

10 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like it has been the 'happening' place to be for many a year now! How fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it, we drive by on the weekends to see if it's open yet in the spring. They usually open in mid to late April. We usually go around 2pm or so, it's usually swamped if you go any sooner. Well, these pics were taken around 2:30 and you can see every spot is filled. There were two openings when we pulled up, but they filled quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAH HOW WONDERFUL?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's my kind of place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 24, 2008

    Looks amazing. I would order the same thing you do, except keep the cherry from my coke.

    We have a great A&W here in Tulsa (on Brookside) that still serves root beer in frosty mugs. Have you been there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 24, 2008

    forgot to click the box

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 25, 2008

    that looks like a great place to hang out.

    arlene,
    Tacoma florist

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cherry is the best part! ;)

    It's fun, a bit of a throw back... My brother loved that A & W, I've never been a huge fan of root beer, hence the soda for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. USA has some of the most amazing themed places , we just cant pull it off in quite the same way here.

    Not keen on the root beer thing, I remember it well in the mid 80's when coming to USA a lot with my parents. Everyone had huge jugs of it, may be they seemed huge , as I was such a small kid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara,
    Do you live near the Kegs? I'm trying to find a creative gift for my dad, who grew up in Grand Forks and hung out at the Kegs all of the time. Please email me! pipsersmom@gmail.com
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!