Velvety Soft Hands



I go through this routine about once a week and just love the way it makes my hands feel. A similar oil, scrub, cleanser routine was used on me during a manicure, and I just adapted it to use products I could find easily.

I douse my hands well with Neutrogena Body Oil, it's a light sesame oil.


Then I put about a dime sized about of body scrub in the palm of my hands and massage my hands thoroughly, especially my cuticles and nail beds. St. Ives Apricot Scrub is easy to find just about anywhere, I use Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula.


I rinse this combination off and lather with whatever moisturizing body wash or soap I have handy, usually Oil of Olay or Dove Body Wash.

Of course, don't forget to moisturize your hands daily as well. This is especially important in the winter months.

8 comments:

  1. I am totally trying this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tip! This is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used that Neutrogena body oil years ago; had forgotten about it. LOVE the smell of it, yumm-O!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's getting cold and dry in the Northeast - just the right time for some tips about soft hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in Grand Forks, ND and it's been cold an dry here for about a month, and started flurries this past week. I've been doing this for a couple of years now. Now I just need to get my fingernails in shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going back to a cold and dry climate soon. These are great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm too lazy for that, B. You should see the length of my toenails! LOL x_x

    ReplyDelete
  8. *laugh* That's why this is great just a minute in the shower :P
    Sometimes you have to just carve out a few minutes for yourself, even if the girls are sitting just outside the tub going "Mama, are you done yet?"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!