Evolution

My friends and I are particularly fond of a wine called Evolution from Sokol Blosser winery in Oregon. It's soooooo smooth and easy to drink, that you have several glasses down before you know it.

So, for the cocktail party/drink fest, I had 1 1/2 bottles, bought 2 more, 2 other people brought 3 more bottles between the 2 of them. We had 6 1/2 total for the evening, along with an assortment of other wines. After about 3 hours, approx 4 people give or take a glass or two finished off the 6 1/2 bottles and more would have gone if we had it.

Every year after the party, my hubby makes a list of what we ran out of or are almost out of. He put all the alcohol on the list, and added Evolution to the bottom with a note "(Buy by the case next year)"

2 comments:

  1. I love to drink wine since young and I really mean young.

    my grandpa was a bartender. I stayed with him when I was 4-5 years old for 1 year...

    yes I was naughty, or maybe he was too. He allows me to take a tiny sip his collections every now and then.

    too bad, my husband is allegic to any type of alcohol, so we couldn't enjoy it together like you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much of a collection, I have a small variety for company, but mainly I stick to a few favorites. I sample... mmmmmmm... but I typically go back to the same wines.

    It's too bad he is allergic to it. :( I tend to drink wine with the girls though more so than with my hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!