Mother's Day and Monday Musings - Rajneesh

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
~Rajneesh

Before I was a mother, when I was wished a Happy Mother's Day it was painful, a reminder that it didn't matter how desperately I wanted to be a mother, I was not one.  It was the one day a year that I wanted to hide and not be around anyone except my hubby.  The well-meaning people who would wish me Happy Mother's Day didn't know how much pain they were causing, at least I hope not.  Being a mother was something special, something wonderful, and I wanted my Mother's days to be about honoring my mother, not being reminded that I wasn't one yet.

Now it is one of my favorite days of the year, because finally after waiting 13 years I bear the title, "Mother", and it is oh, so much more than a title.  It is a day that I spend constantly aware and ever so thankful for the little girl in my life.  Also, because becoming a mother myself has made me really appreciate the love a mother has for her child, the love my mother has for me, so much more.


My darling baby girl

When my hubby asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day I expect he was wanting a restaurant name to make a reservation.  I really just wanted a relaxing day at home to enjoy my family!

Coffee and the broken tree while talking with my mother

So instead, a little grocery shopping was in order.  I ended up waking up unusually early, so I sat out on my patio and chatted with my mom at 5:30 in the morning over a coffee, just me and the broken tree.  Then I got baking and cooking, I made fresh biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs with chives from the garden, mushrooms in parmesan sauce and fresh fruit.  It was delicious!  We had a lovely breakfast on the patio, and spent the day enjoying the backyard and playing with Kirsten.  A simple lunch of cottage cheese and fruit after the huge brunch and then we finished off the day with hubby grilling for us.  We spent almost the whole day outside on a gorgeous breezy spring day and I couldn't be happier.

mmmmmm biscuits

Sausage Gravy

Chives from the garden

They surprised me at breakfast with a gorgeous necklace with her birthstone and mine.  She helped pick it out at the store so all day she was saying "my necklace", it was cute. Thank you my darling girl and sweet hubby for making this a wonderful Mother's Day.

After putting together the patio furniture hubby lay down on the table wrap
She covered him with her blanket and tucked him in with her bear and then
started patting his back and saying "hush hush" then she popped down so
she could see his eyes "Hi Daddy!!! Get up?!?!"

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you that you're finally a mother and glad you had such a fun day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!