Have Toddler, Will Travel - Carry-On

Yesterday I covered entertainment carry-on for my 2 year old toddler, now for the "keep my sanity" toddler related carry-on I'll be bringing along.

1) Change of clothes and a pack of travel wipes and small towel - Just in case, you NEVER know what will happen.
2) Removable Glue Dots - Will help keep her entertained with some printable scene sheets I've created, but I won't be letting her have free reign with them, so they'll stay with me.
3) Blue Painters Tape - Anything I don't want her playing with I'll put a piece of tape over, like the call button!
4) Extra snacks - Raisins, crackers, cheese sticks, carrot sticks, oatmeal cookies, baby applesauce (since that's allowed through TSA)... Rather than dealing with any sort of melt-down, I'll have a variety for her in case she really doesn't want raisins. At home she gets to choose, but then she eats what she chooses and I'm firm about it. I'll be a LOT more flexible on the plane to avoid a tantrum though. So don't judge the mommy on the plane giving their child whatever they ask for, she might not normally be like that.
5) Thermos Foogo Phases Leak Proof Stainless Steel Straw Bottle - This is the only sippy cup coming with us, stainless steel and leak proof. It claims it will keep things cold or warm for 10 hours, I'll be putting it to the test!
6) Gummy fruit and earplugs - For take off and landing to help with ear pressure, something to keep her jaw moving.  Maybe lollipops, but we'll have to try one before we go to see how messy that gets.
7) Children's Tylenol and Benadryl and a small medicine syringe - She's been congested lately so I'm sure we'll need these.
8) Stroller Blanket - For nap and then while she's playing we'll tuck it underneath her and into the seat in front of her to catch any little things she might drop.
9) A few folded grocery bags - To use as trash bags, and just to easily corral things until we take out the carry on bag to put things away again.
10) Extra earplugs for the rest of the passengers - ok, not really.  But I kind of want to pass some out to the people immediately behind and in front of us with a note of premature thanks and apology, just in case.

2 comments:

  1. Loving these travel lists Barbara. May I suggest an extra t-shirt for yourself. Nothing like a long flight with throw up/spillage on you all the way :)

    And how do you play with the glue dots and printable sheets? That's a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, t-shirt for mommy will be added!

      They are removable glue dots, so she can stick them together. I found paper dolls and accessories. She isn't interested in getting them dressed, but I did elves in different colors and paper dolls with animal friends (horse, puppy, kitty and duck, I think), Raggedy Ann and Andy and the camel with the wrinkled knees, etc. Then I have some "scene" photos printed out in a small handheld photo album. She can put the characters in the scene with the removable dots, take them back off and put them in a new scene. And since they are just print outs I don't care how wrecked they get. I'll take pictures and post that this week :) I have to post about the I-Spy bags I made first, which I'll do tonight.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!