I'm back!

H
ere's the thing about going to see my family... no matter how good my intentions are, I'm terrible about taking pictures while I'm there! I'm so wrapped up in every little moment, because I only see them once a year, that the camera lays forgotten as we laugh, talk, sing, play, swim, cook...

So I only took a few pictures of my parents renewing their wedding vows on Thanksgiving after Mass... On December 31st they will have been happily married for 35 years and wanted to renew their vows while my sister and I were home. My mom took a few other pics, but there weren't many.

I do have lots of wonderful memories wrapped up in my mind though...

Cutting paper flowers with my niece
Playing in the pool
Getting shots from my nephew with his play Vet kit
Tucking them in and saying good night
Playing in the water fountain and at the park

Tonight I'll be baking for a holiday open house tomorrow and decorating our Christmas tree.

Monday Musings will resume this coming week. I've seen a few get hooked up to the last one from November, so I'll visit them tonight as well.

As much as I love being off for a while, it's nice to be back in my own bed at night.

11 comments:

  1. Welcome Back Barbara, glad to see you :)

    Happy that you had such a wonderful time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea. Missed you girl. Glad you had wonderful family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Glad you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you :( I'm glad to see you home safe and sound and had great family time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I'm so glad you had a good vacation, how fantastic about your parents' vow renewal. That's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!! That sounds like soo much fun, and I know all about forgetting to take pics! Glad you have been having so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm horrible about taking pictures of people. I'll photograph the house and all sorts of random things, but not people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed you SO much! I had to do MM's, they are pre-set up. :)

    Glad you had a great time. I understand about family time and photos, I always forget too.

    /hugs, welcome home!

    Kiy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for the welcome back :) I'm slowly getting myself caught up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!