Vacation and Updates

H
ello dear friends, are you all still with me! I'm leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving in Florida with my family. A full week of relaxing, I won't know what to do with myself.

We've done all of the Disney resorts over the past 6 years, so it's on to Sea World this year.

I can't wait to spend time with my family, I do miss them terribly. I wonder if they'll let me interview each of them for my blog? Hmmmmm...

I can't wait for tea parties and twirling with my niece, and trucks and tumbling with my nephew. I'm bringing the Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure to share with them, I was always particularly fond of The Camel with the Wrinkled Knees. "Candy Hearts and Paper Flowers" is taken from a song in the movie, it was always a favorite of mine growing up. It's time to share it with the next generation.



I'll still have a Featured Blog this week. She's in my top 5 favorites so be sure to check in. Oh, the intrigue.

Confession: I've done all my Christmas decorating except the tree for a holiday party shortly after I get back. So I have lots of bits to share in December.

I'm still in the middle of the busiest time of year for me at work, so please bear with my lack of posting. Only about 45 more days and I'll be back to daily tidbits of pretty things and life in general. Until then 2-3 times a week is my limit.

Oh and I do have a Cocktail Party post in the works from a party we had a couple of weekends ago, I swear I'll get it posted soon for you. In the meantime, I did add a few recipes to Kitchen Comforts.

The first, my Cheese Ball, it is homemade deliciousness. It's easily made ahead and chilled until needed.

Second, a yummy Caramelized Onion Dip, it's the perfect alternative to your standard onion soup mix and sour cream.

Monday Musings is on hiatus this week, I will have limited internet time. We will resume next week. :)

8 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey to and from as well as do some deep relaxing and memory making with the family. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Vacation. My Mom is leaving for Florida on Monday, she goes down every winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun vacation/holiday/family time! I hope to see a few Sea World photos! I have done Disney and Universal, however never Sea World!

    Have a nice break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip Barbara and a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're coming to my neck of the woods! Enjoy the warm weather!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin where are you at again? Close enough to get together for coffee?

    Thank you everyone! Getting a jump on the relaxing, cooking will start this afternoon I'm sure :)
    Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time relaxing with your family Barbara and Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time. I have to admit to being a Sea World gal myself. While I am into the House of Mouse, SW is my ult fav! (Take pics!)

    Enjoy that sunshine,

    Kiy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!