Blogger of the Week : Jude

J
ude of Randomly Run4istRun and Do Not Leave Unattended! is the blogger of the week.

Read all about her and then go visit her blogs and say hi!



What did you have for breakfast this morning?
The last piece of the Wholly Wholesome Cinnamon Crumble Cake a friend gave me for my birthday last week. I’m not really much of a breakfast, or a cake, person, but this stuff is so good and I’ve been subsisting on it for days!



What is your favorite childhood book?
So many! I loved to be read Aesop’s Fables and the tale of The Tortoise and the Hare still sticks with me today. Slow and steady wins the race!

[Milo Winter]

What is your favorite work of art?
I honestly don’t know that I can pick a favorite. From the works of the Masters to contemporary and current artists of all mediums, to all the work I love and which resides on the walls in my home, singling out one in particular would be too hard! If I had to choose a piece with which I’m currently enamored, it would be this image, entitled ‘Forest,’ by Atlanta photographer Dorothy O’Connor. Without going into great detail, what I take from this piece is a feeling I’ve been experiencing for a while now, which is one of the reasons I love it so much.


What is your all time favorite quote?
That which does not kill you makes you stronger. -- Neitzsche

What's your favorite super secret website?
I can spend hours reading all the good stuff on the Coudal Partners site.

What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
I love to vacuum, and the instant gratification (if only all the problems of the world could be sucked up so easily) helps to calm me down during stressful times. My least favorite is cleaning toilets, especially when I’ve had a house full of people!

What makes your house uniquely your home?
Probably that I’ve filled it with things I love and have meaning to me, including pieces from my Mother’s house: a crystal chandelier, lamps, a framed piece of edelweiss, a paper weight and a pair of opera glasses, to name a few.
{Added by Barbara: She has exquisite decor, you should check out her blog for the pics of her home, just GORGEOUS! I have her living room saved as a favorite of mine.}

Will you share a favorite recipe?
A side dish I love to make that’s always a hit is Sweet Potato Flan. They are nothing like traditional dessert flan, and as the recipe calls for hot sauce (I always use Crystal Hot Sauce) they have the perfect little kick. I put them into fluted ramekins so when they’re plated they add a touch of elegance to the plate. Making a batch does involve a little work, and they are highly caloric, but they’re unbelievably good and definitely worth the effort.

What first sparked your interest in cooking?
I do enjoy cooking and think I can pull off a tasty menu when the occasion calls for it, but don’t do it nearly enough. My stove and cook top are neglected most of the time, so I can’t really put cooking at or even near the top of my list of interests.


What homemade project are you most proud of?
Hmmm. I’m woefully inadequate on the homemade project front and can’t think of anything worthy of mention. Does my yard count? I have had some professional help with clearing out the ivy that used to cover almost every inch of the yard, but all the beds are a labor of love I continue to cultivate as time and money permits.



What are your 3 best/favorite posts on your blog?
I’ve been blogging for just over a year now and think the posts that resonate most with me are those in which I’ve shared something personal, which I think this is probably true for most bloggers. Three which come to mind:

http://run4istrun.blogspot.com/2008/09/september.html
http://run4istrun.blogspot.com/2008/07/happy-birthday-dad-belated.html
http://run4istrun.blogspot.com/2008/02/ode-to-aunt-charlsie.html

Now that you've read all about her, go visit her and say hi!

6 comments:

  1. You are welcome! Thank you for taking the time when I know you are so busy! I can't wait to try the Sweet Potato Flan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Barbara! I'm heading over to check her blogs out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT interview! Love Jude... her notebook project is AWESOME... I hope you are going to put in an entry!
    ENJOY your day!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I think you'll love her projects especially Do Not Leave Unattended...

    Fifi, I'm just patiently waiting my turn. Although seeing everyone's entries sure gives a girl a lot to live up to... I just love yours!!! Particularly the spilled paint into flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know if you make a batch of flans. They really are amazing and I hope you'll think so too. I think using Crystal and not Tabasco is the secret.

    Thank you, again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!