Amazing Paper Cuts - Peter Callesen

I love the intricacies of paper cuts and was looking around for a few for the holidays, and had to take another peek at the site of my favorite paper cut artist, Peter Callesen. His work is utterly and completely amazing.

I wish I could remember where I first saw his work, but with all the design blogs I've been reading for the last few years, it could be anywhere. I do remember spending a couple of hours the first day I found his work just studying the detail and wondering how on earth he can do that.

The first two are papercuts from an A4 size piece of paper, the last two are framed A4 size paper cuts, I like the contrast you see. What I find truly amazing though are his large scale installations, you really have to go look to really appreciate them.


Distant Wish

Butterflies Trying To Escape Their Shadow
Erected Ruin

Bound To Be Free

The Core of Everything

Take a peek, I promise you won't be disappointed.

8 comments:

  1. Wow those are amazing Barbara, I'll go take a look at the others, can't wait to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic. I especially love the erected ruin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... these are fascinating! Headed over to the link now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Barbara... thanks again for the kind words! The books are actually an antique 'classics' set that my mom bought for me at a used book sale. Every from Homer to Arthur Conan Doyle. They were published in the early 1900's, cant remember exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally LOVE peter callesen's work! I did a post on him a while back, and he STILL inspires me!! Such beautiful and intricate work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra: When I see them the only word that comes to mind is amazing! Glad I'm not the only one.

    Tamy: That one's my favorite!

    Liz: Hope you like them, I spend too much time trying to figure out how he does it.

    Blaze: I can't remember how long ago I bookmarked him, maybe it was from seeing him at your site. Actually, I wouldn't have been reading your site yet, so probably not. Either way.... I LOVE his stuff! I was looking for scandinavian papercuts for Christmas, and since he's Danish I saw his name in one of the searches and went back to his site again to peruse... Totally procrastinating, because I knew I wasn't buying his papercuts, but I just love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are so cool! They must look even better in real life! I'm off to check out his website- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "The Core of everything" - amazing stuff!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!