Blogger of the Week : Tamy

As you well know, I love my readers and commenters, and decided to feature one a week. The featured blogger this week is Tamy of 3 Sides of Crazy.

3SoC_badge125x125What did you have for breakfast this morning?
bowl of cheerios, a plum and coffee

What is your favorite childhood book?
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - I think I've always been drawn to strong female characters and relatively realistically happy endings. I also enjoyed the The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster for the pure fantasy of it all.

What is your favorite work of art?
Bearington Street by Dennis Patrick Lewan because he is a great artist (he'd been an architect and musician and incorporated all these into his personal style) that was also a kind man. When my dad died he was 'there' for the family - spent time helping with the wake and the store gallery to help us transition. He also featured my dad's store in the center (KaCee's Antiques and Collectibles) of that particular piece as a tribute to him - it hangs behind my couch on my living room wall

Tamy - KaCee's

Tamy - Bearington Street

What is your all time favorite quote?
One hundred years from now...it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child or the alternate ending because I made a difference in the life of a child.

What's your favorite super secret website?
It's probably overstock.com. I can find literally everything I need living here in the North Woods that I would in the city and for $2.95 have it delivered to my front door no matter what it is. That sure saves a fortune on gas and delivery charges. I've gotten books, furniture, appliances, clothes and such. It's so easy!

What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
favorite - I love cleaning in general - SSSHHHHHHHH don't tell anyone, I just love a fresh clean house! But my most favorite is probably cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes. There is just nothing like turning out the light night after night with sparkling clean counter tops. least favorite dusting - because to do it thoroughly you have to do it all (door jambs, chair rungs, sides and backs of tv and furniture, etc...

What makes your house uniquely your home?
photographs because they are unique to each person, no two alike, paint colors, personal style

Will you share a favorite recipe?
Sure:
Favorite Appetizer
Favorite Entree
Favorite Dessert

What first sparked your interest in cooking?
My dad, great uncle and grandad owned restaurants - I think it's in the blood

What homemade project are you most proud of?
Probably my quilts

Tamy - Quilt

Tamy - Quilt

Tamy - Quilt

What got you interested in quilting?
I just always had a yen to learn it - I'm self taught, but then I found a store called Bolts in the Bathtub (at home she'd always stored her excess bolts of fabric in the spare bathtub- I drove passed the store for years thinking it was a hardware store LOL before I finally found out it wasn't) and the owner and I just realized we were kindred souls and the rest is history My very first one was a hand pieced Christmas tree skirt for my cousin Jenn and won 1st place at the Los Angeles County Fair, unfortunately I don't have a picture readily available. The red, white and blue quilt was my first machine quilt and the bright batik and fossil fern is a 'twin'. I made one for my cousin Jenn for her birthday awhile back and one for me. The grandmother's flower garden is one I have been hand piecing for a million years and will be a table covering for my new kitchen when it is done.

Tamy blogs over at 3 Sides of Crazy, please go on over and say hi!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Barbara - Kind of strange to be on the outside looking in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how I missed this post, but I loved getting to know Tamy this way!

    Cheers, Kiy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!