Blogger of the Week : Sandra

Sandra of Diary of a Stay At Home Mom, Full Bellies, Happy Kids! and Reading Nook is the blogger of the week.  Read all about her below, then head on over to her blogs and say hi!






What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Cinnamon Roll Toast


What is your favorite childhood book?
My favorite childhood book would have to be The Strawberry Girl by Helen Upshall, I first read it when I was about 15 or 16 years old but the story stuck with me since then. I think because it follows the struggles of a young girl trying to find the truth of her parentage, it was very well written and I absolutely loved the main character..

What is your favorite work of art?
I'm a huge Thomas Kinkade fan and I have a love for cottages so his Gallery of Cottage paintings are my favorites, but if I had to pick just one, it would probably be the Foxglove Cottage.


What is your all time favorite quote?
I'm beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all - Laura Ingalls Wilder

What's your favorite super secret website?
It would have to be Cath Kidston, I don't even know how to describe how much I love this site. I literally spend hours just browsing through and marveling at all the beautiful items.

What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
My favorite is ironing, always has been, I could sit in the kitchen for hours ironing loads of laundry and just be as happy as can be. Least favorite would be putting away laundry....UGH UGH UGH.....I drag myself around the house with the laundry basket in tow and complain and whine the whole time. LOL

What makes your house uniquely your home?
The memories. Being a military family we are constantly on the move so we never get to plant roots anywhere, we don't get to watch the same tree blossom and grow for years, it's always a different house in a different state. So for us, it's the memories and the personal belongings we have plus an enormous amount of love that makes my house uniquely mine.

Will you share a favorite recipe?
Absolutely, I love cooking so this one is easy:

Orange Cake
Honey Mustard Chicken Fingers
Portuguese Beans

What first sparked your interest in cooking?
My greatgrandmother and the love she had for cooking. I remember being 4 or 5 years old and sitting on the kitchen floor playing with toy pots and pans while she fixed dinner for the whole family. She put so much love into the meals she made and I had the best of memories from childhood. That made me want to be just like her and as I grew older the love for cooking intensified, I love the fact that if I want to eat something, I can make it, I don't have to go out to a restaurant.

What homemade project are you most proud of?
Oh boy that's a tough one, I've made a few things that I am proud of, I guess if I had to pick it would be my library tote bag, I've had many people ask me where I got it and comment that they like it.


What's your favorite hobby, and what got you interested in it?
Sewing definitely and the interest came from my grandmother who is a seamstress. She used to have a little sewing shop/boutique and I remember spending many days with her watching her sew and make clothes for the store. She also made a lot of wedding dresses and brides maids gowns too. Watching her is what first sparked the interest in me, but then realizing myself that I can take a simple yard of fabric and turn it into an article of clothing or a pillow or something for the house is just amazing.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Barbara for spotlighting Sandra. I enjoyed learning more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice bio, I really enjoyed reading it. I will have to try out one of those recipes!
    My music CD came Thursday and I LOVE it! It's going on the road with me next week!
    Nothinglikeit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered Sandra this past summer and love her sites. I really enjoyed reading about her, getting to know her. I love this series! :)

    Cheers, Kiy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad everyone is liking it so far! I'm loving learning more about people as well. Oh and I really love the website Sandra mentioned, so pretty and the product is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, thank you so much for spotlighting me this week, it's such an honor for me being on your blog :)

    I love the buttons you made too. Sorry I'm late coming by, I'm still sick and trying to slowly catch up with everyone.

    Huge hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra,
    I'm glad you like the buttons!
    Sorry you are still under the weather, I hope you feel better soon. I'm still getting caught up from being gone last week... so I understand :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!