Cherry Clafoutis

Alicia from Posie Gets Cozy made a cherry clafoutis a few weeks ago that looked absolutely delicious, so when I found myself with an excess of cherries this week, guess what I did with them?

Don't these just look delicious?
Cherries

I don't know anyone with a automatic cherry pitter to borrow from, so I used my hand cherry pitter:
Cherry Pitter

Cherries just waiting to be covered with batter:
Cherries

Doesn't this look delicious? You're supposed to wait for it to cool a bit before eating it, but well we didn't want to wait, so we put a little ice cream on top to help it cool off.
Cherry Clafoutis

9 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! Darnit, now I need to go buy some cherries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 28, 2008

    Oh that did turn out really beautiful Barbara.

    Cute nails too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUMMY! I turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiy: Highly recommend it. It's sort of an eggy custardy pancakey batter, and seriously easy to make!

    Monique: Thanks! :) I won't tell you to make it though since you aren't big on egg, the boys may like it though :)

    Tamy: Thanks! It tasted delicious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 28, 2008

    that looks so yummy!

    arlene,
    Bainbridge Island florist

    ReplyDelete
  6. ditto the cute nails!

    Funny , we bought loads of cherries over the weekend and was in need of a pitter , as my girls were hoovering them!

    Sadly Im not into custardy eggy things , but that does look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 29, 2008

    No, I wouldn't like it. It does have me thinking cherry thoughts though, maybe a pie?

    Did you make anything w/ the extra cherries like you thought you might?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Arlene!

    Hana Mi: Thank you! :) I tend to hoover cherries too, they are only available such a very short time.

    Monique: Cobbler... Pics and recipe later this week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A hand cherry pitter? I had no idea something like that existed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!