A Bit About Me - Meme

I was tagged by Hana Mi to share a bit about myself.

1) What was I doing 10 years ago.

We had just moved to Ottawa, Illinois a few months earlier. We had left Grand Forks, North Dakota because our house had flooded and we were living in a FEMA trailer and it would be years before the house was finally livable again. We rented a house in the country for a while, but eventually had to find another house since the one we were living in was going on the market for more than we could afford. I loved the house in the country and was kinda sad to leave it, but we moved on again. So in May of 1998, I was working on unpacking in our new house in Illinois, working at a great law firm, and fighting with insurance to try to get our house in North Dakota fixed.

Boy am I glad all of that is in my past.

2) 5 things on my to do list for today.

Work til 12pm
Start pork roast for dinner
Figure out a pattern for the basket liners
Start sewing above basket liners
Make labels for the baskets

3) Snacks I enjoy.

Apples, Bananas, heck any kind of fruit. Yogurt. Wheat Thins.

4) Things I would do if I were a Billionaire.

Pay off all my debt
Buy my sister a house
Set up college plans for each of my nieces and nephews
Live every other 6 months in Iceland
Build a lovely but simple house with a art studio out back
Travel all over the world with my family
Teach and paint
Start a charity to benefit foster children

5) Places I have lived

Pittsburgh & Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Groton, Connecticut
Athens, Georgia
Hvammstangi & Hafnarfjodur, Iceland
Woodbridge & Alexandria, Virginia
Kalayan & Subic Bay, Philippines
Laurel Springs, New Jersey
Brunswick, Maine
Broken Arrow & Tulsa, Oklahoma
Charleston & Clemson, South Carolina
Jacksonville, Florida
Bonita, California
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Ottawa, Illinois

6) Blogger's I want to know about

Tamy at 3 Sides of Crazy
Kim at Forever Daisies
I'd tag Monique at Escape Hatch, but Hana Mi did that already :)



Barbara

5 comments:

  1. I liked your list. It's hard to know what to tell about yourself. You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I cant believe all those places you've lived in. Philippines intrigued me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nancy! I just answered the same questions Hana Mi had posted, makes it easier. :)

    Hana Mi: Lived there for 3 years from 1980-1982 for 2nd-4th grade. My dad was in the Navy and we were stationed there. It was great because while we were there it was a quick hop to Japan or Korea, so I got to see a bit of that side of the world that I might not have gotten to otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you have lived so many places! Sound adventurous! Thanks for the tag... I just did the meme a couple days ago, but maybe I'll modify it a little and do it again in a week or so! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Kim, I must have missed that one. I'm a bit behind on my rss feeds (638 last I checked), I'll catch up this weekend. You don't have to worry about the meme...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!