One thing to love about ND

ND allows direct to adult consumer wine shipments... gotta love this. Only 26 of the 50 states allow it, and ND is one of them. After a visit to Napa Valley this summer I've become enamoured with wine from Miner Family Vineyards. I don't drink wine very often but when I do, I want something that I enjoy! I really enjoyed their 2005 Sauvignon Blanc, but alas it is no longer available and I will have to wait until next year. I did order a few bottles of their Rosato though, I loved the crispness of this wine at the tasting and anxiously await what next year will bring. As far as I have been able to tell there isn't anyone that carries their wines locally so I've placed an order online in time for Christmas. I also sent a bottle of their 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon to my parents as part of their Christmas present. My parents had some sent home when we were out there so I know they'll love it.

If your state doesn't allow direct shipment of wine and you want information you can go to Free the Grapes... States currently allowing shipments: AK, CA, CO, CT, FL, HI, IA, ID, IL, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, VA, WA, WV, and WI


4 comments:

  1. ND but no SD?? Ach. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No vino for you... See go to Free The Grapes... Tell them you want mail-order vino ;) *laugh*

    I'll be ordering by the case next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 20, 2007

    I'm glad to know there's ONE THING to love about ND... hee hee just kidding. I lived there, once upon a time. Thanks for the info... I'm gonna start having my vino delivered to my door, yes. that's just what i need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 21, 2007

    Where did you live in ND? My husband's from here, I'm a transplant.

    There's actually 2 things to love about ND if you are into hockey... ;)

    I don't update this too often. I spend too much time reading other peoples blogs and dealing with adoption related issues when I'm home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love every single one!